Game of Thrones always makes me crave for gorgeous braids. There is no one but Khaleesi who continues to impress and always conquer new hairstyle like a queen.
Luckily, copying one of her hairstyles doesn't need to be so complicated or time-consuming (even though most seems to have been made for a wedding). Me? I like to keep it simple and easy. That is exactly what this pretty Khaleesi hairstyle with braids is.
If you have 10-15 minutes to spare, you can easily copy this braided look.
What you need
2 Small hair elastics
Bobby pins (if needed)
How to get this Khaleesi hairstyle in 6 steps
- Start by taking a small strand of hair where you want the first braid to begin. Divide it into three parts and make a regular braid. Tie it with a small elastics when you reach the back of your head. If you want to get a pretty french effect on the side – try adding in some extra hair from above when you do the braid.
- Repeat these steps and make another braid on the other side. Tie the braids together with the small elastics.
- Now, repeat this and make two other braids a little bit below the first.
- Tie the two braids together with an elastic.
- To the fun and important part: pancake (pull apart) your braids so they look bigger, fuller and messier.
- Hide the small elastic with a small strand of your hair. Or do it like me: use a small ring and attach it with a bobby pin.
Finish by adding some hair oil and spraying some flexible hairspray to make your hairstyle last longer (like this one).
Now we are done! With a cool cat on my shoulder, I almost feel like “The mother of Dragons” myself. I just wish my cat had wings.
Get the look
Haircolor and extensions: The best tips if you want some extra length is to use hair extensions. I use Rapunzel of Sweden's European Extensions 50 cm in the color 20″ Brown Ash Ombre #T3/14 and Medium Brown Ombre #T4/18.
Messy beach waves: I always sleep with at least one braid. It makes my extensions last longer and as I bonus I wake up with some natural waves. This also make me save a lot of time as I don't need to curl my hair so much if I want my beach waves.
P.S To get into the Game of Thrones mood even further, don't miss to discover the most magical Game of Thrones locations in Northern Ireland.